Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tutorial: Simple Cute Inspiration Boards!!!




Inspiration Wall Boards!

We all have things, people, or pictures that inspire us.  I feel that if you look at whatever inspires you and focus on it, you can achieve your goals or inspirations.  So...this weekend I decided to make these cute inspiration boards to hang in my closet.    Follow the steps below to create your own inspiration boards. 

This is what you will need:
-Ribbon
-Cork Tiles  (Purchased at Walmart)- came in a set of four
-Wood Glue
-Picture Hanging Strips
-Self Adhesive Pearls, diamonds, anything cute or girly
-Scissors
-Push Pins


Step 1:
Take two of your cork tile boards and you are going to add some wood glue to one tile.  Then layer the second tile on top and press on it and hold it down for about 2-3 minutes.  I layered two boards because I don't want to damage my wall with the push pins(makes it thick enough).  Clean the excess glue off.


 

Step 2: 
Pick some ribbon of your choice and cute into strips, this will depend on how wide your cork tiles are.  Make sure you leave about two inches extra on each side.


Step 3:
These particular cork tiles that I purchased came with some adhesive squares. Glue one square to each corner of the ribbon.  Place your ribbon where you would like and glue the adhesive square to the back of the tile board.  Place as many ribbons as you like.

Step 4:
Decorate!  I purchased some scrapbooking items from an art supply store to use as my decorations.  The letters are made of cardboard and did not have any adhesive to the back so I used the same adhesive squares I used for the step above.  The pearls and diamonds where self-adhesive so there was no need for any type of glue.



Cute the adhesive squares to size

You can spell what ever you want your board to say.



Step 5: 
Take your picture hanging strips and place on the back of the boards.  I recommend placing one set on each of the four corners for more security.
These will not damage your wall



Clasp two together.



Take on set and place on all four corners.  DO NOT take of the other protective strip just yet.




Step 6:
Hang on your wall!

Remove the back part of each strip.


This is how it should look if you take it off the wall.
These will remain on the wall




My final creations!

Love to cut out items out of magazines that I like or inspire me.


Have fun!  Don't forget to tag me @Missfely on Instagram so I can see your creations!


Xoxo,
Miss Fely <3
Stay connected:
 Instagram.com/MissFely

Facebook.com/FelysCollections

Twitter.com/FelysCollection


Pinterest.com/MissFely

DON'T FORGET TO INSERT YOUR EMAIL TO GET THE LATEST UPDATES...


www.FelysCollections.com






1 comment:

  1. Love this! I'm going to try this out for sure!

    ReplyDelete